Monday, 22 December 2014

Woodland Sampler Cross Stitch ..... Ta~Dah!



Hello my friends
How are you all holding up?

Thankfully I'm going well with my list(s!)
'write a Ta~Dah! blog post'
was on my LIST for today
(amongst a billion other less exciting things)
so here I am 
I guess that's proof that a 'To do' list actually works!

Anyways .....

Do you remember way back in January
I set myself a 'cross stitch challenge'?
you can read all about here if you wish
the pattern is from The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery

Well .....
I did it!
I actually made it and made it on time too! ..... I am beyond chuffed.

Firstly let me show you 
December




A cosy cottage surround by snow frosted pine trees
I changed the colour of the windows from blue to a golden glow colour
I needed it to look cosy and warm inside
all that snow makes me shiver!




I made a MASSIVE boo boo
Can you see?
what a ninky I am!
When I first stared this, way back up the top, on January
I started stitching too far down the fabric
as I got further on down I was having kittens
worried that I wouldn't fit the last two pictures on
I did have to make them one cross shorter but there they are
Phew!
I stitched some linen onto the bottom edge
so that I could still put it in my embroidery hoop to keep the tension.

There is also a little bonus square
(so really ~ I've actually completed TWO this month!!!)




Sweet huh?

So here we go
the BIG Ta~Dah! moment .....



Ooooooh I LOVE it!



If I was forced to choose, I think July is my fave
How about you?




I LOVE it and am pretty proud of myself for keeping up with it
considering all that has been going on this year.
Even though ..... there is a mistake on EVERY SINGLE one!
can you believe it? So annoying.
arrrghhh ..... I did try to make one super perfect but NO.
It was not to be.


I'm thinking that I'll turn it into a quilted wall hanging
What do you think?
any ideas are very welcome.  Please :o)

I'm signing off now .....
I have a BIG bottle of Baileys
and some of my mum's amazing mince pies waiting patiently for me
Oh and my knitting ..... mustn't forget that!
Once I get to the BIG day ..... I shall be  r-e-l-a-x-i-n-g  BIG time!

I hope you all have a wonderful wonderful Christmas~time
filled with everything magical
may all your wishes come true


See you in 2015!

BIG love 
x Jooles x



31 comments:

  1. Your sampler is beautiful Jooles. Wishing you and your family a very Happy Christmas too. Enjoy your Baileys :0) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. No wonder you are proud, your cross stitch is stunning and so beautiful. What a lot of hard work but just beautiful.

    Merry Christmas.

    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun to see your finished project. September and October are my Faves. Enjoy the last few days until Christmas, dear Jooles.
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both both of the blocks for December and the whole piece is beautiful!! I love all of the different months in different ways and I don't think that I could choose between them. However you decide to frame or use it, it will be beautiful I am sure! Happy Christmas and happy crafting! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this I may need to get the pattern x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally honestly did not spot the mistake, I thought the green stitching was a fun way to add a border :) it looks really gorgeous, I love the fabric, a nice alternative to white. You must be really pleased :)
    Jillxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your sampler - it's really sweet!! Happy Christmas to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's all beautiful, it would be hard to choose a fav, July is very cute though!
    I hope you and and your family have a wonderful Christmas!
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on finishing the cross stitch! July is pretty, but I think I'm partial to the house with the snowflakes for December.
    Enjoy your rest and have fun with your family! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it all....and SO love that I found your blog this year. A joyful way for me to spend time with someone so creative and adorable!!! Merry Christmas. XXX

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done you - it's beautiful. I think October is probably my favourite but it's a very close run thing. I can't see a single mistake and can't wait to see it framed. Enjoy the mince pies and Baileys. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Buon Natale e Felice 2015 Jooles!!!!!!
    xxxxxxx Ale

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is absolutely gorgeous Jooles, well done you! Thank you for all your pretty posts this year, I live to see what you've been up to. Enjoy your Baileys and mince pies xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow, Jooles - love, love, love this! Well done, and who cares about little mistakes here & there - that's what makes it unique 😉
    Wishing you a vey happy and blessed Christmas, and all things wonderful for the new year ahead. Love & hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love it! It's so beautiful that I think I would want to frame it to protect it, but a quilted wall hanging would be lovely. I do love the July, but I think Feb is my favourite. Have a wonderful Christmas. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your sampler is beautiful, your stitching is so neat! Well done on finishing it in time! Wishing you and your family a very Happy Christmas, dear Jooles!
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow the finished hanging is just beautiful, so much lovely work, a real heirloom piece. Well done! If I had to choose I think that November is so cute but every month is a mini masterpiece.Merry Christmas x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh goodness, it's just beautiful Jooles. No wonder you feel so proud of yourself. I think the November square might be my favourite which is ironic because it's actually one of my least favourite months of the year!!!

    Have a simply wonderful Christmas my lovely and don't drink all the Baileys at once! ;-)

    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. I knew lists were a fab idea :-) It sounds like you're getting back into the swing of things? Congratulations on your finished cross stitch, it's beautiful :-) I think my favourite is July too, the little fox stands out from all the others.

    My boss bought me a cheap cross stitch set from Poundland, which I think is mean't for children, but I'm absolutely loving! I have a nice Cath Kidston book that my Dad bought me so 2015 is going to be my year to sew :-) Merry Christmas xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's beautiful and you would never notice any errors, it looks perfect to me. Once you have got it made into a wall hanging or whatever you decide to do with it you won't even notice the booboo at the bottom, besides that, it adds character and makes it unique :)

    Have a wonderful Christmas and a very happy new year x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your sampler is wonderful, I'm fond of the squirrel of November.
    Wish you and your family a very MERRY CHRISTMAS and enjoy your Baileys!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Jooles! This is the cutest thing ever!! It turned out fantastically, and who would notice the little imperfections? Well, okay- obviously you do, but from my view it. is. wonderful!
    Merry merry Christmas from the other side of the pond!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh dear Jooles, it turned out AMAAAAZING *_* (I knew it would!)
    Mistakes? What, where?! It looks simply PERFECT.
    July is my fav too... but oh those little hedghogs! And what about that squirrel!!
    Have a wonderful Christmas my friend ❤ see you next year :-*

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ooh, your sampler is beautiful Jooles!! x
    Merry Christmas to you and your family and best wishes for a wonderful 2015!
    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your sampler is super cute! Hope you & your lovely family have a very happy Christmas.xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Just found your blog, love your stitching...Best wishes for 2015 from Amsterdam
    Erna x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi,I only found your blog today.I adore the monthly bedside posie,have you thought of making them into a calender? I'm sure it would sell well! Kind regards Pam.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your finished sampler is wonderful Jooles, such beautifully neat needlework. I think your quilted wall hanging idea sounds just perfect xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'm not surprised you're so pleased with it, its truly a work of art, so lovely that it grew bit by bit across the year. Hope the Baileys and mince pies went down well !
    Happy New Year Jooles !
    Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hello,

    I'm new here, but I love your cross stitches very much!!

    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a cute cross stitch! I think my favourite might be September
    Caz xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for stopping by..... I love it that you do!
Your kind comments make my day & I love to know what you think.

If you ask me a question please tick the 'Notify Me' box so you'll know when I have responded.

Love Jooles x x x